UPDATE: Congratulations to Belinda Maar, winner of our 2011 Cruise Giveaway! We'd like to thank everyone for playing and wish you all safe travels.
Great news for all you cruisers... our November Cruise Giveaway was such a huge success that we've decided to run another cruise contest! Just in time for the holidays, you could win a cruise!
The contest will last all month, so submit a comment on this page by 11:59pm EST, December 31, 2011 and you'll be entered to win a $3000 gift certificate for a trip on a cruise line to be selected by VacationCruisesInfo. See additional rules below.
How To Enter
• Create a log-in for the site by clicking the "Need an Account?" link below. (If you already have an account with any Reviewed.com website, you do not need to create a new account.)
• Follow the instructions to create a log-in, keeping in mind that the email address you use to register will be the address we use to contact you if you are the winner.
• At the bottom of this page, fill out the comment form. Tell us what you think of the site. Tell us what you think we should review next. Tell us why you want to go on a cruise! You can write anything, as long as it's not spam, shamelessly self-promotional, or inappropriate for public consumption.
• If this is your first time submitting a comment, the comment will not display right away. Please allow 1-3 days for our site administrators to approve your comment.
• Once you've been approved, feel free to leave comments on any VacationCruisesInfo article or any article on other sites in the Reviewed.com network.
Good luck and happy cruising!
VacationCruisesInfo 2011 Holiday Cruise Giveaway
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the VacationCruisesInfo 2011 Holiday Cruise Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico) who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. You must be a registered user on VacationCruisesInfo.com in order to participate. Employees and contractors of USA TODAY (“Sponsor”), Gannett Co., Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 12:01 a.m. (E.T.) on December 1, 2011 and end at 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) on December 31, 2011 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
Internet Entry: Enter by visiting the VacationCruisesInfo 2011 Holiday Cruise Giveaway official registration page on the VacationCruisesInfo website (http://www.vacationcruisesinfo.com) and completing all of the required information and following all posted instructions. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. Complete the comment form and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the “Submit Your Comment” button. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules. Maximum one (1) entry per person. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
4. Winner Selection. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to be held on or about January 1, 2012.
5. Prizes and Odds. Grand Prize: One (1) voucher redeemable for travel on designated cruise line (ARV: $3000). Prize may be subject to blackout periods, and other restrictions may apply. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified on or about January 3, 2011 at the email address associated with the winner’s login on VacationCruisesInfo.com. Return of email prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Persons traveling as guest of the Grand Prize Winner must also sign any affidavit or release that Sponsor may require. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries (either photos or ballots), poor quality photos, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The VacationCruisesInfo 2011 Holiday Cruise Giveaway is sponsored by USA TODAY. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after January 10, 2012) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit VacationCruisesInfo.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), VacationCruisesInfo 2011 Holiday Cruise Giveaway, 411A Highland Ave., Somerville, MA 02144. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.