16 Father’s Day gifts for the dad who loves fishing
16 Father’s Day gifts for the dad who loves fishing
Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
Fishing for the perfect Father's Day 2022 gift? Tackle Dad's big day with a creative and thoughtful gift that appeals to your father figure's favorite hobby. Whether the angler dad in your life prefers fly fishing, saltwater fishing or even ice fishing, we've rounded up gift ideas to help dad enjoy the great outdoors.
Top 10 gifts for dads who love fishing
- Fjallraven Reversible Bucket Hat at Huckberry for $50
- Fishing Pole Campfire Roaster at Uncommon Goods for $20
- Yeti Hopper Flip 12 Soft Cooler at Yeti for $250
- Bass Pro Shops Advanced Anglers II Magnum Tackle System at Cabela's for $100
- Plusinno Floating Fishing Net at Amazon for $22
- Oakley Frogskins Square Sunglasses at Amazon from $86
- Rtic Hard Cooler 45 at Amazon for $250
- Cuisinart Charcoal Vertical Food Smoker at Walmart for $155
- Plussino Fishing Rod and Reel Combos at Amazon from $47
- Apple Watch SE at Amazon from $269
You can never go wrong with gifting basic fishing necessities like a top-rated fishing pole, a handy fishing net or a tackle box for storing bait and hooks. If your dad enjoys cooking fish just as much as catching it, a propane smoker will surely wow him this Father's Day. Keep reading to reel in all the best Father's Day gifts for fishing dads.
1. For the stylish fishing dad: A bucket hat
A fishing hat is a timeless gift that is stylish and practical for being outside for prolonged amounts of time, especially in the summer. The quick drying Fjallraven reversible bucket hat is a great option and is like two hats in one—wear it with a solid green fabric on one side, or turn it inside out for a green and navy color-blocked design on the other.
Fjallraven Reversible Bucket Hat at Huckberry for $50
2. For the fishing dad that likes camping, too: A fishing pole roasting stick
Give dad a good laugh this Father's Day with a creative gift like the fishing pole campfire roaster from Uncommon Goods. This miniature fishing pole-shaped campfire stick is perfect for roasting a golden marshmallow or crispy hotdog over an open fire this summer.
3. For the hungry fishing dad: A soft cooler for keeping food and drinks cold
While a large cooler is great for keeping a fresh catch cold, a smaller soft cooler like the Yeti hopper flip 12 soft cooler is ideal for cooling down drinks and snacks while dad fishes. The perfect personal cooler, this Yeti pack comes in three different sizes and has an adjustable strap for tossing it over the shoulder for easy transport.
4. For the organized fishing dad: A tackle box with tons of pockets
The Bass Pro Shops advanced anglers II magnum tackle system has all the bells and whistles to keep fishing gear secure and organized. The bag features four exterior utility box pockets, six external stash pockets, mesh pockets on the top and back as well as two tool holsters. With a zippered top opening, dad can easily access all of his hooks and bait for a hassle-free fishing experience.
Bass Pro Shops Advanced Anglers II Magnum Tackle System at Cabela's for $100
5. For the efficient fishing dad: A foldable fishing net
Starting a new hobby means that your dad will need the basic necessities for becoming a fisherman. The Plusinno floating fishing net is a useful gift that plays a huge role in the act of catching a fish. Compact and foldable, your dad will surely appreciate a handy fish net that's easy to store.
6. For the sleek fishing dad: A pair of polarized sunglasses
A pair of polarized sunglasses reduces the glare from the sun on a body water, meaning dad can benefit from polarized lenses when he fishes on the water. On our list for the best Oakley sunglasses on Amazon, the Oakley frogskins square sunglasses are a great option for a pair of stylish and useful shades. We were impressed by the all day comfort and safety these frames provide.
7. For the fishing dad who keeps his catches: A large cooler
Keeping a recently caught fish on ice is important for transporting a catch before it can be be cooked. The Rtic hard cooler 45 is one of our favorite coolers thanks to its superior temperature retention, anti-slip rubber feet and two drain holes. If your dad also enjoys outdoor activities like camping, this cooler is a versatile gift that is perfect for upcoming trips this summer.
Rtic Hard Cooler 45 at Amazon for $250
8. For the fishing dad who likes to cook: A propane smoker
If your dad prides himself in his successful fishing trips by cooking up his catch, the Cuisinart charcoal vertical food smoker could be an excellent gift. We tried this charcoal smoker and were impressed by its ability to maintain a consistent temperature for hours to create deliciously smoked meats.
Father's Day 2022: shopping guide
- 50 amazing Father’s Day gifts dads actually want
- 50 gifts for dads perfect for Father’s Day 2022
- 48 amazing gifts for every type of dad
- Father’s Day gifts for dads who golf
- Father’s Day lawn and garden gifts
- Father’s Day gifts for dads who grill
- Father's Day tech gifts for dads
9. For the new-to-fishing dad: A top-rated fishing pole
A fishing pole is a practical gift to give a dad that is just starting to get into fishing. The Plussino fishing rod is our favorite fishing pole thanks to its lightweight and durable pole and reel, making it an ideal fishing pole for freshwater or small-fish saltwater fishing. Additionally, the pole is collapsable for easy transport and the stainless steel guides provide longer and more accurate casts.
10. For the forgetful fishing dad: An Apple Watch
It's easy to lose track of time in the great outdoors making the Apple Watch SE a useful gift for dad this Father's Day. In testing, we found the smart watch to be comfortable, easy to pair with other Apple products and has special features like fall detection that sends a message to your emergency contacts—a nice safety feature to have if you get hurt while adventuring.
Apple Watch SE at Amazon from $249
11. For the prepared fishing dad: An emergency survival kit
Prep dad for his next fishing excursion with the Ready America 72-hour deluxe emergency kit. The 33-piece kit comes with American Red Cross-approved emergency supplies like bandages, wound cleaning solution, water and more. Whether dad keeps the kit in his car, backpack or boat, this is a smart and useful gift to keep dad safe while he enjoys his hobbies.
12. For the clever fishing dad: A multi-purpose tool disguised as a bracelet
This utility bracelet from Uncommon Goods is the ultimate dad accessory for when he goes fishing. The bracelet features a stainless steel multi-tool knife and screw driver tip that folds out, making it easy to cut line or fix a fishing pole with an all-in-one neoprene bracelet. Gift dad this sporty and practical bracelet for his next fishing trip.
13. For the coffee-loving fishing dad: A tumbler that will have him hooked
If your dad loves coffee just as much as he loves fishing, the Tervis fishing lures tumbler is a cute gift that combines both passions. This 16-ounce BPA-free coffee mug is covered in colorful fishing lures and hooks which will surely remind your dad of the outdoors when he's not able to be out exploring.
Tervis Fishing Lures Tumbler at Amazon for $16
14. For the curious fishing dad: A scale to weigh a fish
Gift Dad the ability to weigh his catch of the day with the Heeta fish scale. This digital scale comes with a measuring tape, LCD display and it's lightweight at 8.3-ounces for easy storage and transport.
15. For the fishing dad who goes out on the water: A waterproof case
If your dad fishes from a boat, a waterproof case is a must-have fishing accessory for keeping his valuables dry. The Yeti sidekick dry waterproof gear case can fit a phone, car keys or a wallet and it's small enough to put inside a backpack or fanny pack. The HydroShield closure on the pouch is water tight so if dad drops the bag in water, the interior will remain secure and dry.
16. For the fishing dad ready to cast off: A variety of lures and bait
If dad already has a fishing pole and the net, one of the best gifts you can give him is lures and bait for trawling for fish. Bass Pro has tons of hard and soft baits, spinners and buzzbaits for any type of fishing. You can surprise him with all kinds of colorful hooks and individual lures for as low as $.99 at the outdoor retailer.
Get deals and shopping advice delivered straight to your phone. Sign up for text message alerts from the experts at Reviewed.
Prices were accurate at the time this article was published but may change over time.