About the dryer
Capacity: A 7.5-cubic-foot drum
Dimensions: 27 inches x 31.5 inches x 38.7 inches (WxDxH)
Finishes: Fingerprint-resistant black stainless steel (DVE45R6300V), white (DVE45R6300W), and champagne (DVE45R6300C)
12 dry cycles: Normal, Heavy Duty, Bedding, Permanent Press, Steam Sanitize+, Refresh, Delicates, Activewear, Quick Dry, Time Dry, Air Fluff, and a custom Downloaded cycle you can select from the SmartThings app.
What we like best
This dryer is loaded with functionality. Here's what we appreciated most about it:
• Completely dry clothes every time.
• The 7.5-cubic-foot drum that has room for large loads and fluffy comforters.
• The fingerprint-resistant black stainless finish will make the laundry room as stylish as the rest of the house. It also comes in white and pale golden champagne.
• The Wrinkle Prevent feature, which fights wrinkles by tumbling the laundry for up to three hours if you can’t get it out right when the cycle ends.
• Steam Sanitize+, which Samsung claims kills germs, pollen, and dust mites.
• A drum light that lets you see if you left any dry clothes in the dryer.
• The Heavy cycle, which dries the load fully in 47 minutes and never gets hotter than 142°F.
• The five levels of dryness, temperature, and drying time that allow you to customize each load to your needs.
• A sturdy double lint filter that is easy to open for cleaning.
• The Filter Check light turns on to remind you that it’s time to clear the lint out, in case you forget.
What we don’t like
We have two concerns with this dryer:
• The very hot Quick Dry cycle: This cycle has the hottest temperature we’ve measured inside a dryer. This could eventually weaken the fabric on your clothes and linens if you don't lower the temperature.
• A long Normal cycle: In our tests, the Normal cycle took two hours, twice as long as the 60-minute Normal cycles we’re used to seeing on dryers. In our lab, Auto-Sensor kept readjusting to extend the cycle.
Samsung provides a one-year warranty on parts and labor for this dryer.
What the owners say
Owners are impressed with this model, giving the Samsung DVE45R6300V an average of 4.6 out of 5 stars across five different sites. They love its sleek looks and the fact that every single load of laundry comes out dry. Several reviews also talk about the convenience of using the app to start or stop the dryer remotely.
The bottom line
You’ll never pull wet laundry out of this dryer. When we tested it, the DVE45R6300V got every load between 99.8% and 100% dry. Its Normal cycle is very long, but if you’re not waiting around the laundry room for it to finish, you might not care. The Quick Dry cycle could be a big time saver but we’d advise against using without adjusting the temperature to Low.
If you don’t think you need the 12 cycles the DVE45R6300V provides, you might consider taking a look at the Whirlpool WED75GC dryer, which has a lower price point and a Normal cycle that completes in a speedy 39 minutes.
More articles you might enjoy
Meet the testers
Cindy Bailen loves writing about major appliances and home design and has spent over 15 years immersed in that. In her spare time, Cindy hosts pledge programs for WGBH-TV in Boston and other public television stations.See all of Cindy Bailen's reviews
Kyle Hamilton is a product tester at Reviewed, specializing in home appliances and technology.See all of Kyle Hamilton's reviews
Checking our work.
We use standardized and scientific testing methods to scrutinize every product and provide you with objectively accurate results. If you’ve found different results in your own research, email us and we’ll compare notes. If it looks substantial, we’ll gladly re-test a product to try and reproduce these results. After all, peer reviews are a critical part of any scientific process.Shoot us an email