Skip to main content

InfoTrends Reports 10 Percent Drop in Home Printing

Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.

July 17, 2006 – Home photo printing dropped 10 percent in the last two years, according to marketing consulting firm InfoTrends in a study released last week.

The ever-growing retail printers and online photo-sharing websites contributed to the drop in at-home printing, said InfoTrends consultant Sandra Collins in the news release. 31 percent of the digital camera owners surveyed who print their photos used retailers, showing an increase of 22 percent since 2004.

Even with the drop in home printing, the household is still the number one printing source for digital photographers who actually do print their images. "The home will remain the most popular printing location for at least the next two years," said Collins.

The general outlook for all printing, at home, retail, or online, should remain steady. The last two years marked an overall growth of 17 percent in overall printing, stated the release. In 2004, only 19 percent of photographers were printing their photos. By 2006, 36 percent were printing their images.

Up next