Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
SanDisk is now shipping their SD WORM card, which is a Write Once Read Many (WORM) digital memory card. Digital data written to SanDisk SD WORM cards is effectively locked as soon as it is recorded and cannot be tampered. Hence it is perfect for investigative photography.
Applications for the SanDisk SD WORM card include:
* Police photography and witness/suspect interviews, where courts require proof that photos and audio recordings are genuine.
* Court proceedings, such as trials and depositions.
* Electronic voting, where recorded votes must be tamper-proof.
* Cash registers which record transactions for tax collection purposes.
* Event recorders, such as security cameras and "black box" flight-data recorders.
* Medical devices which retain individual patient treatment data.
* Personal digital assistants (PDAs) and similar devices used by physicians and other health-care professionals to track patient interactions.