Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
— Our editors review and recommend products to help you buy the stuff you need. If you make a purchase by clicking one of our links, we may earn a small share of the revenue. However, our picks and opinions are independent from USA TODAY’s newsroom and any business incentives.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year: The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! If you’re not familiar with this amazing period of deals, let me explain it to you in three words: Fashion's Black Friday, a.k.a. my favorite holiday.
Every year in July, I look forward to Nordstrom's annual sale because many things I know I will end up buying anyway are available for a discounted price. Everything from shoes to bags to jeans to home décor become slightly cheaper and it's glorious.
As a proud Nordstrom cardholder, I have access to the pre-sale, which started on Friday, July 12 at 12:30 p.m. EST. The deals will become available to the public on Friday, July 19 at 12:30 p.m. EST and they run through Sunday, August 4. But don’t wait to get your hands on these prices. The best things are guaranteed to sell out.
After browsing just about every single deal available this year, I put together a list of some of the best deals I could find that are still available. Here are this year’s best picks from the 2019 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.
Best Deals for Women
Is there anything more useful than a cardigan? I think not! Great for summer, great for winter, great for wearing summer clothes in winter and winter clothes in summer. It's honestly the most important and underrated closet essential. This year, I bought three cardigans: This BP cardigan in black and beige and We must discuss this though—the elusive Barefoot Dreams cardigan. It has an actual cult following with over 2,600 perfect reviews and counting because it's literally a stylish blanket for your body. I am not kidding. I've been eyeing this forever and last year, I bought it for my mom. This year, I'm buying it for myself. Sorry in advance if I'm the reason it sells out. There's always next year—and regular price days. This thing is clearly worth its full value.
- Get the BP Longline Open Cardigan for $31.90 (Save $17.10)
- Get the Madewell Ryder Cardigan for $64.90 (Save $33.10)
- Get the Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Lite Circle Cardigan for $76.90 (Save $39.10)
2. Zella Leggings
These leggings from Nordstrom's fitness brand Zella are one of the most popular items you can buy at the store, and they're perfect. They're great quality, they don’t tear or get itchy, and compared to brands like Lululemon, Athleta, and ALO, they are a fantastic price. With 4.5 stars from just about 6,000 people, there’s no questioning how good these things are. I own them, along with many yoga pants from different stores like the brands above, and they are just as good, if not better. If you need yoga pants, Zella’s got you.
- Get the Zella Live In High Waist Leggings for $38.90-$45.90 (Save $20.10-$23.10)
- Get the Zella Crop Leggings for $35.90 (Save $19.10)
- Get the Zella Live In High Waist ⅞ Leggings for $38.90 (Save $20.10)
3. Madewell Jeans
I love Madewell jeans. Last year at the anniversary sale, I got my hands on my favorite jeans from Madewell in black for $84.90. It was a victory, as I would have purchased them for $128 after the sale. So naturally, my first instinct when browsing this year’s sale was to check if Madewell jeans were on sale and, alas, they are. Praise be.
- Get the Madewell 10-Inch High Waist Skinny Jeans: Button Front Edition for $89.90 (Originally $135)
- Get the Madewell High Waist Slim Boyfriend Jeans for $84.90 (Originally $128)
- Get the Madewell 9-Inch Raw Hem Ankle Skinny Jeans for $84.90 (Originally $128)
4. AG Jeans
My first pair of designer jeans were AGs. Compared to all of the jeans I had worn before, they made my legs feel like they had retired on clouds. Comfort, style, a great fit—putting these on was game-changing, for my body and for my wallet. Years later, I do prefer Madewell jeans (plus, they're cheaper, you guys!), but when AG Jeans are on sale for basically the same price as Madewell, you run, you do not walk. These will sell out.
- Get the AG The Farrah High Waist Ankle Skinny Jeans for $149.90 (Originally $225)
- Get the AG Prime Ankle Cigarette Jeans for $149.90 (Originally $225)
5. Good American Skinny Jeans
If you've ever wanted a revenge body like Khloe Kardashian's, these jeans could be that gift—sans working out and healthy eating. I joke. But they are Khloe Kardashian's line of jeans, and they are high rise and great for curvy frames. I own and love Madewell's Curvy jeans (sorry, I keep going back to Madewell, bad habit!), and I've been dying to try Good American jeans because of that. If you are too, now is your chance.
6. Thread & Supply Wubby Fleece Pullover
I have heard so many people talk about the ‘Wubby’ and I honestly didn’t know what they were talking about until I saw this comfortable-looking gem was named Wubby on Nordstrom’s website. I had seen (and pet) it in stores, but I didn’t realize this was what people had been obsessing over. Yes, it has 4 stars from over 1,200 reviews, but also when you touch it, that doesn’t matter. That’s how snuggly this thing is.
7. Rails Hunter Plaid Shirt
Rails shirts are so soft and cozy. I became a believer after renting one of these shirts via Rent the Runway. Now, I want to live in one of them. You will too.
8. ASTR Midi Dress
I love this dress! After seeing it all over Instagram and at weddings, I purchased one in white to wear to my rehearsal dinner the night before my wedding. I honestly think I liked it better on me than my actual wedding dress but shh, don’t tell anyone that. The dress is flattering, stylish, and classic all at the same time. With over 1,200 reviews and over 4 stars, the dress comes in a ton of colors. I bought it in red after loving it in white. That’s how obsessed I am with it.
9. Madewell Denim Jacket
I wear my Madewell denim jacket so much during spring through fall that it is honestly really disgusting. Regardless, I love my denim jacket and could not survive without it. That's a stretch, but you get the point. They also never go out of style, which is a major factor when deciding whether to purchase something, no matter if it's on sale or not.
10. The North Face winter parka
Whenever someone asks me about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, the first thing I tell them is that it's a great time to invest in expensive stuff you're going to need come fall and winter. One of these things: a great coat. If you live in a cold climate, a parka is essential. The North Face makes a terrific one, so you can't really go wrong when getting a deal on one of them.
11. Hanky Panky Underwear
I LOVE HANKY PANKY UNDERWEAR. Sorry for the all caps, but I had to really separate my love for these gems from all the other gems on this list. I've tried buying cheap and more affordable underwear, and obviously I still do (I am not made of money), but over time they all rip. My underwear drawer could be renamed rips galore. It's tragic. Hanky Panky underwear, though? It does not rip. It does not become gross over time. Not to mention, it is glorious to wear. For years, I wouldn't buy these because of the price tag, but now, I am all in. Okay, now that you all know what underwear I wear, let's move on ...
12. Wacoal Bras
People are obsessed with Wacoal bras. With hundreds—some with thousands—of reviews, you really can't go wrong purchasing one of these, unless you buy the wrong size of course, but that's on you. I swear by Wacoal's strapless bra. I own a few of them and they are literally all I wear during summer when I am forced by society to wear a bra.
- Get the Wacoal Red Carpet Convertible Strapless Bra for $44.90 (Originally $68)
- Get the Wacoal How Perfect No-Wire Contour Bra for $40.90 (Originally $62)
- Get the Wacoal Underwire Sports Bra for $42.90 (Originally $65)
13. Natori Bras
Bras are awful. We all know this. The end. But one thing that made my bra-wearing experience slightly better was wearing Natori bras. I was introduced to them earlier this year when I caved and decided it was time to go bra shopping. The over 2,700 4.5-star reviews do not lie. They are so comfortable. I literally threw out all of my other bras and now only own a bunch of these. Wearing a bra still sucks, but at least there are some brands out there that make it suck less. Thank you Natori.
- Get the Natori Feathers Underwire Contour Bra for $44.90 (Originally $68)
- Get the Natori Rose Dream Custom Coverage Underwire Bra for $47.90 (Originally $72)
14. Spanx Faux Leather Leggings
I was intrigued by these leggings for years until last fall when I finally purchased them and learned that they did live up to their hype. Over 2,300 reviewers on Nordstrom’s website claim they are amazing, and I am happy to say I agree. Because they are Spanx, they are flattering by nature, but they are also extremely stylish, and they come in petite and plus size. They don’t feel like leather, but they definitely look like it. Every time I wear them, I get compliments. These might be the best thing Nordstrom sells, but that’s just my opinion…
- Get the Spanx Faux Leather Leggings for $64.90 (Originally $98)
- Get the Spanx Faux Leather Leggings for $64.90 in Petite (Originally $98)
- Get the Spanx Faux Leather Leggings for $64.90 in Plus Size (Originally $98)
15. Spanx Undie-tectable Lace Hipster Panties
If you haven't dabbled in Spanx underwear yet, I encourage you to do it while it's on sale. I own these and think they are a great in between of regular underwear and heavy-duty Spanx. They are great for when you want a little extra coverage, but you also want to be able to breathe and not feel constrained (one day I wore heavy-duty Spanx for twelve hours and felt like I was wearing a giant pony tail around my stomach, it was not okay). Almost 500 other people seem to agree with me that they are a great purchase, so no, I am not on my own Spanx island. I am on an island with a lot of other people, too. Come join us.
16. Caslon V-Neck Tee
Short-sleeve tops are essential for all seasons. Wear them in winter with a cardigan and wear them in summer with shorts. This Caslon v-neck t-shirt has over 1,800 solid reviews and looks ultra comfortable.
17. Faux Leather Jacket
Another closet staple I encourage people to have is a leather jacket. If you can afford the real thing, good for you (I'm jealous). But if you cannot, a faux one will do. This BlankNYC moto jacket is stylish and affordable. Now, it's even more affordable since it is on sale. Fall is just around the corner. Are you ready?
Blazers are another important essential. Whether you're dressing it up for an interview, a networking event, or a party—or dressing it down with jeans for work or a night out—you can always make use of a blazer. Right now, these stylish numbers are on sale for great prices. I love my J. Crew blazers and will be purchasing the Caslon one in the hot pink fuchsia color.
- Get the Caslon Drape Collar Knit Blazer for $38.90 (Originally $59)
- Get the J. Crew Dover Blazer for $130.90 (Originally $198)
19. All Things Leopard
Leopard print is back in a big way this year. In fact, all things 'animal' are back for 2019. Part of me is crushed I recently sold a bunch of animal print things on Poshmark, but part of me is also happy because that means I can buy new things (does it though? That part is debatable). I'm obsessed with the leopard cardigan—both for the easy-going vibe it gives off and the trendiness. And the leopard midi skirt—if you don't see at least five everywhere you go this summer, are you even going anywhere?
- Get the BP Long Leopard Jacquard Cardigan for $45.90 (Originally $69)
- Get the Halogen Pleated Midi Skirt for $78.90 (Originally $119)
I know, I know. It’s so hard to shop for fall and winter when it’s over 80 degrees outside and you’re in beach mode. But oversized sweater season is upon us, my friends, and your body is probably ready and waiting for it (mine is!). You’ll need this stuff soon, so you might as well buy it before it goes up in price. These are my favorites from this year's sale. I absolutely love the Halogen cashmere sweater I own, and this Topshop one is trendy, great to pair with leggings, and a fantastic price.
- Get the Halogen V-Neck Sweater for $64.90 (Originally $98)
- Get the Topshop Supersoft Deep Hem Crewneck Sweater for $44.90 (Originally $68)
21. Caslon Long Sleeve Shirts
Again, long sleeve stuff. Not for right now, but great for in two to three months. People, including myself, love Caslon's casual tee's and sweatshirts. These are all fantastic early buys for fall and winter. Get them while the price is low instead of waiting until you want this stuff, as the price will be back to its normal value then.
- Get the Caslon Long Sleeve Crewneck Tee for $18.90 (Originally $29)
- Get the Caslon Cozy Print Sweatshirt for $31.90 (Originally $49)
- Get the Caslon Lightweight Colorblock Tee for $18.90 (Originally $29)
One of my (many) flaws is that I do not own pajamas. I wear yoga pants, shorts, random tank tops, or nothing (we have gotten to know each other very well in this here article, haven't we?) to bed, and now that I am 30, this needs to change. I have been waiting for the Anniversary Sale to get some high-quality, ultra-comfortable pajamas from Nordstrom and these emerged as my top choice. The over 1,100 5-star reviews did it for me, but I have to say, they're also kind of cute, too.
23. Hunter Rain Boots
I bought the short Hunter rain boots a few years ago and so far, they are one of my favorite investments. Whenever it’s raining, I have shoes to wear that go with every outfit. While I preferred the short ones, the tall ones are more popular. Good thing both are on sale for the anniversary!
- Get the Hunter Original Tour Short Packable Rain Boot at for $89.90 (Original Price: $140)
- Get the Hunter Original Tour Gloss Packable Rain Boot at Nordstrom for $99.90 (Original Price: $150)
24. Tory Burch Shoes
The people love Tory Burch. And not just her bags, but the clothes and shoes. For this year's anniversary sale, you can score Tory flats, sandals, and boots all for ridiculous prices. Is it finally time to invest in a timeless pair of Tory shoes? It might be.
- Get the Tory Burch Everly Cap Toe Ballet Flat for $164.90 (Original Price: $248)
- Get the Tory Burch Everly T-Strap Flat Sandal for $149.90(Original Price: $228)
- Get the Tory Burch Everly Knee High Boot for $299.90 (Original Price: $498)
25. Ugg Slippers
Five full stars from over one thousand reviews. The people have spoken. And the people still love Uggs. Perhaps they aren't as stylish as they were in 2004 and 2005 (were they ever really stylish?), but they still provide maximum comfort, and isn't that the only thing that matters when it comes to slippers? Yes. So why wouldn't you purchase Ugg slippers? Especially when they're the same price as their knock-off friends. Your move, my relaxation-loving friends.
Nike! Adidas! Sale! Three great words alone. Three words even better together. These are both at amazing prices right now, and you definitely don't have enough sneakers, so... your welcome.
- Get the Adidas Swift Run Sneaker for $63.90 (Original Price: $85)
- Get the Nike Blazer Low Sneaker for $55.90 (Original Price: $75)
27. Vince Camuto Booties
I love Vince Camuto shoes. Trendy and comfortable, you can't go wrong snagging one of these booties for under $100 right now. You will thank yourself come fall. Especially if you grab the snakeskin boots. I NEED THESE (narrator: she did not need these).
- Get the Vince Camuto Nethera Perforated Bootie for $99.90 (Original Price: $149.95)
- Get the Vince Camuto Gigietta Bootie for $99.90 (Original Price: $149.95)
28. Blondo Waterproof Booties
What's the number one problem with booties during winter? They get destroyed. These waterproof booties, though? They hold a better chance at lasting. I tried on Blondo booties a few years ago and thought they were so comfortable. I wasn't in love with the style though, so I didn't buy them. Now, a few years later, Blondo booties have definitely gotten better looking—and the people still love them.
- Get the Nina Waterproof Suede Boot at Nordstrom for $99.90 (Original Price: $149.95)
- Get the Eliza Waterproof Bootie at Nordstrom for $99.90 (Original Price: $149.95)
- Get the Lidia Waterproof Bootie at Nordstrom for $99.90 (Original Price: $149.95)
29. Vince Camuto Block Heel Sandals
These shoes have hundreds (almost one thousand) of 4.5 star reviews. The block heel is the perfect height (3.5") and they come in twenty two different colors and patterns, including Tuscon Taupe and Pop Pink Leather, which are literally screaming at me through my computer screen. Help.
30. Paul Green Booties
Paul Green shoes are pricey, but they are literally the most comfortable shoes I have ever put on. Do I own them? No. Do I want them? Yes. Do you own them? I don't know. Will you own them after reading this? I don't know that either. All I know is that these booties are perfect if you can justify the (sale) price. That is all (said in my best Miranda Priestly voice).
31. Madewell Bags
I love my Madewell transport tote. The leather gets better with time. It's affordable. It fits everything. It looks good with all outfits. Right now, you can get a Madewell transport tote for a great price (really! they only go on sale once or twice a year at Madewell). The crossbody bag version is available, too.
- Get the Madewell Transport Tote for $131.90 (Original Price: $198)
- Get the Madewell Crossbody Transport for $111.90 (Original Price: $168)
32. Rebecca Minkoff Hobo Bag
I love this hobo bag. If you're like me and are in the market for a new bag that is between 'small crossbody' and 'large tote,' this bag could be your next investment. Will it be mine? That is TBD.
33. Crossbody Bags
Last year during the anniversary sale, I bought two Rebecca Minkoff crossbody bags—a black circle bag and a rectangular leopard print bag. Obsessed with both. Use both all the time. In conclusion, crossbody bags are great, and in my opinion, you can never have too many (don't tell my credit cards I said that, lol).
- Get the Rebecca Minkoff Jody Croc Embossed Leather Circle Crossbody Bag for $185.90 (Original Price: $278)
- Get the Tory Burch Mini Everly Leather Crossbody Bag for $165.90 (Original Price: $248)
- Get the Tory Burch Everly Leather Flap Saddle Bag for $305.90 (Original Price: $458)
Best Deals for Men
34. Patagonia Sweaters
Ahh, Patagonia. If you aren’t familiar with the name, you’ve probably seen the logo branded on clothing somewhere. This Patagonia quarter zip pullover has 5-star reviews from hundreds of people on Nordstrom’s website. And why wouldn’t people love them? They’re comfortable, casual, stylish, and easy to wear. Then there's the vest. Which one should you go with? I don't know. Do you.
- Get the Patagonia Better Sweater Performance Slim Quarter-Zip Pullover for $85.90 (Original Price: $119)
- Get the Patagonia Classic Synchilla Fleece Vest for $55.90 (Original Price: $79)
35. Dress Pants
Both of my picks for pants are highly rated on Nordstrom already. The Nordstrom Men's Shop chinos consistently get 4 to 5 star reviews and are the more affordable option. The Santorelli are the luxurious option, but they have over one hundred 5-star reviews. Take your pick, but if you dress up for work, you can always use new pants, right?
- Get the Nordstrom Men’s Shop Slim Straight Leg Non-Iron Chinos for $59.90 (Original Price: $89.50)
- Get the Santorelli Luxury Flat Front Wool Trousers for $129.90 (Original Price: $195)
36. Nordstrom Men’s Shop Dress Shirts
Like work pants, you can always always use work shirts if you do dress up for the office. Nordstrom brand's dress shirts consistently receive great reviews from hundreds of people. Even without the sale, they are a great buy.
- Get the Nordstrom Men’s Shop Trim Fit Non-Iron Dress Shirt for $35.90 (Original Price: $49.50)
- Get the Nordstrom Men’s Shop Traditional Fit for $35.90 (**Original Price: **$49.50)
- Get the Nordstrom Men’s Shop Classic Fit for $35.90 (Original Price: $49.50)
37. Vineyard Vines Button Downs
Vineyard Vines going on sale at Nordstrom is almost like Vineyard Vines being available at Target. Except these are the real Vineyard Vines. Not VV for Target. These shirts are great for dressing up while still looking casual. My husband and brothers own plenty.
- Get the Vineyard Vines Tucker Plaid Performance Sport Shirt for $76.90 (Originally $115)
- Get the Vineyard Vines Tucker Regular Fit Windowpane Stretch Sport Shirt for $65.90 (Originally $98.50)
- Get the Vineyard Vines Tucker Regular Fit Plaid Performance Button-Down Sport Shirt for $76.90 (Originally $115)
38. Shirts and Pullovers
"New clothes, who dis?" That's you after ordering these items. This first crewneck t-shirt has hundreds of amazing reviews. Why so much love for it? Why don't you order and find out. The Nordstrom Men's pullover is a classic, also with many reviews. And this shirt from the quality brand Vince is super stylish.
- Get the Robert Barakett Georgia Crewneck T-Shirt for $38.90 (Originally $59.50)
- Get the Nordstrom Men’s Shop Quarter Zip Pullover for $106.90 (Originally $160)
- Get the Vince Regular Fit Long Sleeve Henley Shirt for $79.90 (Originally $125)
If you're in the market for a new suit, you can't go wrong with one of these highly rated suits because, well, people love them—and they're on sale. With affordable and pricier options, there's something for everybody.
- Get the Peter Millar Flynn Classic Fit Solid Wool Suit for $498.90 (Originally $745)
- Get the Ted Baker London Jay Trim Fit Suit for $533.90 (Originally $798)
- Get the Boss Huge/Genius Trim Fit Solid Wool Suit for $598.90 (Originally $895)
Both Ecco and Cole Haan make high-quality, stylish shoes. Both of these sneakers are on sale for the Anniversary Sale, and both have hundreds of great reviews.
- Get the Ecco Soft VII Lace-Up Sneakers for $99.90 (Originally $159.95)
- Get the Cole Haan GrandPro Low Top Sneaker for $89.90 (Originally $150)
41. Timberland Boots
Hundreds of five star reviews don't lie. These Timberland boots are well-liked and a great buy right now, so pick a pair if you can.
42. To Boot New York Oxford Shoes
In the market for a solid pair of dress shoes? These Oxfords have over a hundred solid reviews and you can get them for well over $100 off right now.
Best Deals for Home & Beauty
43. Nordstrom at Home Plush Throw
You can never have enough throw blankets, in my opinion. This throw from Nordstrom at Home has 5 stars from over 1,200 reviews. I trust the people and the pictures. How soft does this thing look, right? I need it!
44. Nordstrom at Home Faux Fur Throw Blanket
A faux-fur throw is the perfect combination of style and luxury for living rooms everywhere. I love Nordstrom's faux fur throw—and right now, it's under $100, which would be a steal for one of these throws anywhere.
45. La Mer Products
One of the most important things I’ve learned in my 30 years on this Earth is to use a good moisturizer if you want good skin. Unfortunately, this did not really sink in (skincare joke) until I was in my late 20s and it was too late to save myself from all the wrinkles I acquired thanks to smiling too much as a youth (my mom said this is why I have wrinkles). La Mer moisturizer is the cream of the crop (another skincare joke, I'm not sorry) when it comes to moisturizers. One day I hope to join the 2,800 reviewers who gave it 5 stars, but until then, I will dream. For the Anniversary Sale, you can grab La Mer products for amazing prices. Proceed with caution.
- Get the La Mer The Soothing Collection for $360 (Originally $475)
- Get the La Mer Mini Miracles Set for $90 (Originally $122)
- Get the La Mer Creme de la Mer Moisturizing Cream Grande for $1,130 (Originally $1,497)
46. Kiehl’s Lotion
A great lotion goes a long way. This full body moisturizer from Kiehl's has just about a thousand 5-star reviews. People love Kiehl's, and now is your chance to see why, and for way less.
47. Nordstrom at Home Bath Towel
These bath towels have hundreds of amazing reviews. If you need new bath towels, don't go to TJ Maxx. Go to Nordstrom's anniversary sale. You won't be disappointed.
48. Water bottles
You're probably not drinking enough water (because news flash, none of us do). One way to trick yourself into drinking more throughout the day? A really good water bottle. Hydro Flask and S'well make some of the best water bottles ever and right now you can get some great ones on sale for a really good discount.
- Get the Hydro Flask 32-Ounce Wide Mouth Bottle with Straw Lid for $29.90 (Originally $44.95)
- Get the S'well Traveler Aurora Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle for $22.90 (Originally 35.00)
- Get the S'well Aurora Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle for $22.90 (Originally $35)
49. Anastasia Beverly Hills brow makeup
The hype on this brow makeup is real. For fuller, more natural-looking brows, Anastasia Beverly Hills is amazing, and thanks to this sale, you can stock up for a really low price.
50. Anthropologie Iridescent Volcano Candle
This candle smells light and fruity, and its iridescent container just makes it even more of a must-have, especially in the summertime.
Prices are accurate at the time this article was published, but may change over time.