We evaluated its features, checked high and low temperatures for each of the burners, examined how quickly it can boil water. We scored on a scale of 10 compared to the rest of the cooktops we've tested this year. Here’s what we found.
- Center burner can reach high and low temperatures with ease
- Continuous cast-iron grates make it easy to slide pots and pans around
- Sits slightly above counter-height with front-angled controls for easier visibility
- A bit overpriced for what it offers
- Struggles to reach high temperatures
- Water boils quickly only on one burner
- PowerPlus Burner—Center burner can reach high and low temps with ease with 18,200 BTU.
- Continuous Grates—These cast-iron grates allow you to slide pots and pans across burners with ease and make cleaning simple.
What we found
TIME TO BOIL 48 OUNCES OF WATER
About fifteen and a half minutes on average, but as fast as just under five minutes on the center burner. There is a lot of variance, with a second-fastest time of about ten and a half minutes (left rear burner), and the slowest clocking in at an unbelievably sluggish forty minutes (right rear burner). Make sure you only use that one for simmering.
MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE REACHED ON BURNER
A pan reached a temperate 416ºF on the center burner, other burners hovered between 306º-413º F. This is a poor score compared to the other ranges we’ve tested with a score of 3.9/10.
MINIMUM TEMPERATURE REACHED ON BURNER
A pan reached 112ºF on the center burner, other burners hovered between 140º-186º F. This is a fine score compared to the other ranges we’ve tested with a score of 6.5/10.
Should you buy it?
Probably not. The center burner is really the only standout, and the rest of the burners are fairly lackluster in performance. The right-rear burner barely breaks 300ºF on high heat, and takes a shocking 38 minutes to boil water. You’re better off opting for a cheaper cooktop with more versatility across burners.
Meet the testers
Checking our work.
We use standardized and scientific testing methods to scrutinize every product and provide you with objectively accurate results. If you’ve found different results in your own research, email us and we’ll compare notes. If it looks substantial, we’ll gladly re-test a product to try and reproduce these results. After all, peer reviews are a critical part of any scientific process.Shoot us an email