The most impressive President's Day deals are on appliances
Now we're cookin'!
Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
Update: The discount from AJ Madison has been updated.
There are a handful of less-commercial holidays throughout the year that have become synonymous with sales on major shopping categories—namely, appliances, cars, and furniture. Presidents Day is no different, and this year, there are some really fantastic savings to be had on all sorts of appliances.
Whether you're looking to get a new fridge, upgrade your old washer/dryer combo, or pick up any new large appliances, this is the time to do it. All the big retailers—Home Depot, Sears, Lowes, Appliances Connection, and others—are offering up big discounts on top-of-the-line brands from Frigidaire and Kenmore to Maytag and Bosch. We even found some of our favorites among the discounted inventory (scroll down to see our top picks)
Where to shop
- AJ Madison—Save up to 45% on appliances, with free delivery on orders over $499
- Appliances Connection—Save up to 65% on select appliances through Feb. 28
- Best Buy—Save up to 35% on appliances now through Feb. 28
- Home Depot—Save up to 35% on appliances, and up to 40% on bath and kitchen
- JC Penney—Save up to 40% on appliances through Feb. 19
- Lowes—Save up to 35% on appliances now through Feb. 28
- Sears—Save up to 40% on appliances through Feb. 25, with free delivery on orders over $399
Frigidaire Gallery FGSC2335TF counter-depth side-by-side refrigerator
Counter-depth fridges tend to be pricey by default, making this sale price even more enticing. They're designed to sit flush with your counter instead of sticking out past the edge to make your kitchen look even more exceptional. This model, originally $1,599 and typically on sale for around $1,200 is especially luxurious, earning it our Editors' Choice award (read the review here).
- Samsung Rf260BEAESR Stainless Steel French Door Fridge—$1,198 at Home Depot (Save $575)—our favorite stainless steel fridge
- Whirlpool WRT318FZDB Refrigerator—$527.40 at Home Depot (Save $152)—our favorite affordable fridge
Washers and dryers
Kenmore Elite 41072 front-load washing machine
This Kenmore front-load washer was so impressive in our tests that we named it the best washer of 2017 and gave it an Editors' Choice award. It not only held its own the competition when it came to performance, but it has a slew of features that really set it apart. Originally selling for $1,650 and typically on sale for around $1,000, this washer is worth a closer look (read our full review here).
- GE GTW680BSJWS Top-Load Washing Machine—$500 at Best Buy (Save $130)—the best top-load washer
- Maytag Bravos MEDB835DW Electric Dryer—$628 at Home Depot (Save $372)—the best affordable dryer
Best of Year Dishwasher
KitchenAid Architect Series II stainless steel dishwasher
We named this KitchenAid the best dishwasher of 2017 because it has cleaning technology that really sets it apart.The KitchenAid ProFilter works hard to remove all the bits of food coming off your dishes from the wash water. Cleaner water means cleaner dishes, and for a stainless steel model that originally sold for $1,150, you can't get better than this.
- LG LDF5545ST Stainless Steel Front Control Dishwasher—$547 at Home Depot (Save $152)
- GE GDF610PGJWW Front Control Dishwasher—$448 at Home Depot (Save $101)
Ranges and ovens
Frigidaire FGEF306TMF 30-Inch Electric Range
This electric range has won our best of year award for three years (read our full review here). Its understand look, combined with its staggeringly impressive performance, make it a powerhouse in any kitchen. And the dual oven feature is nothing if not incredible, especially when you're cooking for a big group—hello Thanksgiving lovers.
- Samsung Chef Collection NX58H9950WS Gas Range—$1,009 at Best buy (Save $1,511)
- Kenmore 95103 Induction Range—$999 at Sears (Save $400)
Prices are accurate at the time of publication, but may change over time.