Embrace your inner photographer with a great deal on Fujifilm's best instant camera.
By clicking one of our links you're supporting our labs and our independence, as we may earn a small share of revenue. Recommendations are separate from any business incentives.
There’s something charming about the ability to take a photo and immediately have an actual photograph instead of a file on a screen. We’ve got a few go-to instant cameras we absolutely love, and Fujifilm’s Instax series is crowding the winner’s circle.
Our favorite, the Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic, usually costs $130-$150. Right now, however, you can pick up the brown edition for $119 from B&H, and they’ll even throw in a free pack of instant film (10 exposures for $10). If you live and die by Amazon, you can still get the camera for the same sale price, but the cost of film will be extra.
What makes this camera great:
• Vintage styling that hearkens back to the days film was king
• Automatic shutter and flash adjustments for the best possible picture
• Kids mode: Not for kids to use but to catch the quick little buggers with a faster shutter speed (also great for unruly pets)
• Double exposure mode: Press the button twice, get two pictures on the same film sheet
• Bulb mode: Leave the shutter open for up to 10 seconds for fun with long exposure
• Macro mode: Get up to a foot away from your subject without losing clarity
In 2017, instant photography is arguably a bit of a novelty. If you’re just testing the waters, you might prefer a more affordable option than the 90. The Fujifilm Instax Mini 8, our choice for the best value, is only $50. It’s lightweight, great for photographers of any age, and comes in a range of colors bright colors.
Prices are accurate at the time this article was published, but may change over time.
Sign up for our newsletter to get real advice from real experts.