Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
Canon Inc. recently announced its decision to construct new production facilities with the aim of expanding production of interchangeable EF lenses for single-lens reflex cameras. Construction of the new facilities is scheduled to begin in September 2008 with the expanded production operations expected to commence in July 2009.
Overview of Expansion Plans
- Name: Canon Inc., Taiwan
- Location: Taichung Hsien, Taichung Export Processing Zone, Taiwan
- Representative: Kenji Yoshida, President
- Business activities: Production of EF lenses for SLR cameras
- Employees: approx. 2,400 (as of August 2008)
- Capital: NT$800 million
- Establishment: June 1970
- Land area: approx. 20,365 sq. meters
- Total floor area: Expansion area: 13,744 sq. meters (Total: 59,276 sq. meters)
- Planned staff increase: approx. 600 (by 2009)
- Investment: approx. ¥2 billion
- Start of construction: September 2008
- Start of production: July 2009 (tentative)
Get Reviewed email alerts.
Sign up for our newsletter to get real advice from real experts.