Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
If your Canon EOS-40D DSLR is running a little buggy or you just like to keep it updated then head over to the Canon Japan website. The new firmware is called version 1.0.5 and incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
1. When playing back images just after recovering from Auto Power Off, the display now shows the last image played back.
2. During remote shooting, images are now displayed on the camera's LCD monitor right after they are taken.
3. Corrects a warning message in Korean that appears when updating the firmware.
4. Corrects errors in the Spanish menu screens.
5. Corrects a phenomenon that prevented printing with some print systems.
6. Corrects a rare phenomenon in which file numbers or image numbers were sometimes skipped.