Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
Modifications Enabled with upgrade of A and B firmware from ver. 1.00 to ver.1.10:
• A Vignette Control item has been added to the Shooting Menu. For information regarding supported lenses, see the supplemental manual.
• A Focus Point Brightness item has been added to the a6: Focus point illumination setting in the Autofocus category of Custom Settings.
• The Highlights playback display option has been moved from Display mode > Basic photo info > Highlights in the playback menu to Display mode > Detailed photo info > Highlights.
• When shutter speed and/or aperture are locked with shooting in live view mode, using the 'L' (command lock) button, an 'L' icon is now displayed in the camera monitor.
• The size and color of Demo displayed in the monitor with playback, when No memory card? in the Custom Settings is set to Enable release, have been modified.
• The range of settings available for ISO sensitivity settings > ISO sensitivity auto control > Minimum shutter speed in the shooting menu has been increased from 1/250 to one second to 1/4000 to one second.
• When a compatible Speedlight or Wireless Speedlight Commander is used, the AF assist illuminator now lights regardless of the focal length.
• When shooting in hand-held live view mode and the frame is magnified prior to autofocusing, operation has been modified so that display returns to the magnified display rather than full-frame display.
• In some rare cases, the image area visible through the viewfinder and the image area actually recorded differed when Image area > Choose image area in the shooting menu was set to DX format (24x16). This issue has been resolved.
• In some rare cases, white balance was not accurately calculated for images captured at a shutter speed of around 1/4 s in P and A exposure modes. This issue has been resolved.
• When attempting to crop images at an aspect ratio of 4:3 using the Trim option in the retouch menu, the cropped image did not have an accurate 4:3 aspect ratio. This issue has been resolved.