Metz mecablitz 48 AF-1 digital Flashgun
The Metz mecablitz 48 AF-1 digital Flashgun was recently unveiled and as in the case of the Metz 58 AF-1, one can update the firmware directly via the Internet.
Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
The Metz mecablitz 48 AF-1 digital Flashgun was recently unveiled and as in the case of the Metz 58 AF-1, one can update the firmware directly via the Internet. Compatible with almost all popular brands (Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, Samsung, Sony), the 48 AF-1 has a 105 mm focal length and can be purchased with an optional "Bounce diffuser 54-23".
The 48 AF-1 digital is equipped for Canon E-TTL and E-TTL II flash mode – for Nikon iTTL and D-TTL – for Pentax/Samsung P-TTL and for Olympus/Panasonic TTL-flash mode and also includes an USB interface.
* GN 48 at ISO 100 and 105mm
* Tilt & Swivel Head
* Manual flash mode with output from 1/128 to 1/1 power
* Flash Compensation in 1/3 stop increments
* Auto zoom head and wide angle reflector from 18mm to 105mm (35mm format)
* Integrated bounce reflector card
* Wireless Flash slave sensor built in (Camera manufacture specific)
* Fast Shutter Synchronisation
Compatible with rear curtain synch
* USB Update facility for future camera compatibility enhancements
* Fully compatible with Camera manufacturers TTL systems Canon E-TTL and E-TTL II – Nikon iTTL and D-TTL
(Pentax/Samsung P-TTL and for Olympus/Panasonic TTL-flash mode available in 2008)
[Via Photography Blog]