Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
The miniStack® v2.5 FireWire® 400/USB 2.0 is a new powered hub storage solution by Newer Technology that is now available. Perfect for Audio/Video editing, digital photography, MP3 music libraries, and high-speed back-up, the device comes equipped with the latest generation Oxford 934 bridge chipset; a 7200RPM Serial ATA (SATA) drive; up to 1.0TB of storage capacity; and up to 32MB of disk cache.
miniStack v2.5 Features
• Up to 1.0TB (1,000GB) of bootable Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive capacity
• Up to 32MB of data cache
• Oxford 934 bridge chipset
• Compact, 6.5"x 6.5" x 1.5" size
• Three FireWire 400 ports, two rear/one side (one uplink, two additional)
• Four USB 2.0/1.1 ports, three rear/one side (one uplink, three additional)
• External Auto Switching 100~240v 50/60Hz 3 amp UL listed power adapter
• Auto-Power on/off automatically with computer
• Intelligent thermal monitoring for minimal fan power consumption and whisper quiet operation
• Fully bootable via FireWire or USB with OS boot support
• Interface connecting cables included
• Kensington security slot
• Includes ProSoft Engineering® Data Backup 3, NovaStor NovaBACKUP®, and Intech® SpeedTools Utilities™ software (a $200 retail value)