Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
The newly announced PENTAX AF160FC dedicated auto macro flash has been designed for Pentax DSLR cameras. The flash utilizes the automatic exposure-control system of PENTAX digital SLR cameras and is ideal for advanced close-up shots.
(1) Uniform lighting on the subject to minimise unwanted shadows, making it ideal for close-up shots;
(2) P-TTL auto flash system to consistently ensure correct exposure levels, by measuring the flash’s pre-discharge with the camera’s image sensors and assessing the subject’s lighting condition with the camera’s multi-pattern metering system;
(3) Maximum guide number of 16 (at ISO 100/m);
(4) User-friendly operation with a single control dial on the back panel to simplify flash-mode changes and discharge-level adjustments;
(5) Advanced flash applications, including contrast-control auto flash and independent switching between two flash bulbs.