Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
Photo Mechanic 22.214.171.124 by Camera Bits was recently released and is now available for download. The new version is a maintenance update and now adds support for as-shot RAW rendering using ImageIO on Mac OS X 10.5.2 for the Canon 1Ds Mark III and Powershot G9, Nikon D3 and D300, and Sony DSLR-A700.
One can now also preserve Exif data on emailed images and the Select Date Range dialog can now select dates further in the past.
Some Other Fixes:
* (Mac) Added support for as-shot RAW rendering using ImageIO on Mac OS X 10.5.2 for the Canon 1Ds Mark III and Powershot G9, Nikon D3 and D300, and Sony DSLR-A700.
* Improved speed of parsing IPTC/XMP metadata containing numerous keywords.
* Optimized loading of IPTC/XMP metadata for large TIFF files.
* (Mac) Improved the speed of Navigator updating especially for network volumes.
* Send Photos via Email can now optionally preserve Exif data on emailed images.
* The FTP command no longer clears XMP-only fields on saved-as photos.
* Fixed a problem introduced in 4.5.3 with updating the TIFF rotation tag on some RAW formats.
* Fixed the formatting of the exposure time Exif tag for exposures longer than 1 second when creating Exif data (e.g. extracting JPEG previews, save-as).