Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
Another photography contest for young adults was announced recently in the UK. The RSPCA Young Photographer Awards 2008 (YPA08), sponsored by Olympus and printing company Warners Midlands is now accepting entries by anyone aged under 19 on 1 September 2008.
The theme is animals and the competition is divided into four categories: under 12 years, 12 to 18 years, pet personalities and the Olympus portfolio.The deadline for entries is Monday 1 September 2008. More information, winning entries from previous years and top tips from wildlife photographer Chris Packham and RSPCA chief photographer Andrew Forsyth are available by logging on to http://www.rspca.org/ypa.
1. Entries must be received no later than Monday 1 September 2008 and should be sent to: YPA08, Publications Department, RSPCA, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 9RS. Entries can also be submitted to the YPA08 website http://www.rspca.org.uk/ypa
2. Entrants must include name, age, address and the category they are entering as well as a maximum of 100 words describing their photo on an accompanying note. We are very sorry, but we cannot return photos. A photo cannot be entered into more than one category, but all photos are eligible to win the overall prize.
3. Full details of the competition, together with rules, can be found on the website.
4. Entries for the YPA08 competition will be divided into four different categories: under 12 years, 12-18 years, pet personalities and the Olympus portfolio. The best overall picture will be chosen from all the entries.
5. The overall winner will receive an Olympus digital E-420 camera, two lenses, a YPA08 trophy – plus the chance to join the RSPCA on an exclusive photoshoot for the day.
6. The winner of the Pet Personalities category will receive an Olympus 1030SW.
7. The Olympus portfolio will reward an individual whose body of work showed consistent quality. Entrants should pick five photographs that display their photography skills and make a great collection of images. One winner will receive an Olympus digital E-420 camera, two lenses and a YPA08 trophy.
8. The winner of the under 12 years category will win an Olympus SP-570 UZ camera and YPA08 trophy. There will be four runners-up prizes of Olympus FE-350 cameras.
9. The winner of the 12-18 years category will win an Olympus SP-570 UZ camera and YPA08 trophy. There will be four runners-up prizes of Olympus FE-350 cameras
Get Reviewed email alerts.
Sign up for our newsletter to get real advice from real experts.