Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
Sony Corporation has announced the development of 35mm full size (diagonal:43.3mm/Type 2.7) 24.81 effective megapixel, CMOS image sensor. This "ultra high-speed" sensor according to Sony will be able to capture and download 6.3 frames per second at the full resolution. The new sensor will also have a field of view similar to what is found on a 35mm film camera.
* 1)High picture quality in 35mm full size image sensor with 24.81M effective pixels
* 2)"Column-Parallel A/D Conversion method" achieves high S/N and high-speed imaging
o ·CDS/PGA(24dB)Circuit (PGA: Programmable Gain Amplifier)
o ·12bit-AD Converter on chip
o ·Diversified readout mode
o ·All-pixel scan mode 6.3 frame/s (12bit)
o ·Window readout
* 3)High-speed digital output(12 channel parallel LVDS output)
* Image size Diagonal width 43.3mm (Type 2.7)
* Total number of pixels 6236(H) x 4124(V) approx. 25.72M pixels
* Number of effective pixels 6104(H) x 4064(V) approx.24.81M pixels
* Number of active pixels 6096(H) x 4056(V) approx.24.73M pixels
* Chip size 41.0mm (H) x 31.9 mm (V)
* Unit cell size 5.94µm (H) x 5.94µm (V)