Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
The results are in for the Sony World Photography Awards Amateur Photographer of and the proud winner is Arup Ghosh from India. The winners have been chosen out of 25,934 amateur submissions and will travel to Cannes to receive their award at the VIP Gala Evening on 24th April at the Palais des Festivals.
Ghosh will be awarded the prestigious title of ‘Sony World Photography Awards Amateur Photographer of the Year’ as well as a $5,000 cash prize donated by headline sponsor Sony.
Professional category finalists announced
• Monday 14th April 2008
Legacy Exhibition, Palais des Fesitvals
• Monday 21st- Friday 25th April 2008, free entry
Gala Dinner and Awards Ceremony
• Thursday 24th April, Cannes
Amateur Category Winners
• Abstract - Martin Kharumwa, UK
• Architectural – Emilio Jose Mariel, Spain
• Fashion – Tommaso Awerbuch, Italy
• Music/Performance – Kerry Grainger, UK
• Nature – Thorsten Schrader, Germany
• Portraiture – Arup Ghosh, India
• Science – Erwin von Arx, Switzerland
• Sport – Nimai Chandra Ghosh, India