The Nikon EDG Fieldscope Series is a new Nikon Sport Optics brand which feature dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating and uses Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass.
By clicking one of our links you're supporting our labs and our independence, as we may earn a small share of revenue. Recommendations are separate from any business incentives.
The Nikon EDG Fieldscope Series is a new Nikon Sport Optics brand which feature dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating and uses Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass. The eyepieces are waterproofed with O-ring seals and nitrogen gas, allowing EDG Fieldscopes to be used in adverse weather conditions.
• Nikon's ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass for chromatic aberration compensation
• Phase correction coated roof prism for high resolution
• Dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating on roof prism for the brightest view (straight models only)
• All lenses and prisms are multilayer-coated for the brightest images
• Bayonet mount with lock for EDG eyepieces
• Fog-free and waterproof up to 2 m for 10 min.—thanks to use of O-rings and nitrogen gas (water-resistant main body/eyepiece joint)
• New and stylish design
• Three tripod mount screw holes provided for flexible mounting position; optimum balance realized by CAE (Computer Aided Engineering)
[Via DC Views ]