Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
The ZSpotNow.com, which was recently launched by Fujifilm, is a social network hosted on the Ning platform. The Ning platform currently has over 358,000 social networks and is growing at a rate of 1,500-2,000 per day and Fujifilm will host three events promoting the new Fujifilm FinePix Z20 digital camera.
The Z20’s unique features inspire the event themes.
Event facts for 'Z Spot Now LA':
* The 'premiere' Z Spot LA event will take place on Thursday, September 25th at Opera and Crimson, one of Hollywood's hottest and most exclusive nightclubs. Z Spot LA will feature a headline performance by Los Angeles natives, No Age, hot on the heels of their critically-acclaimed new album, 'Nouns.'
* Z Spot Now friends will be invited to participate in the The Z Roll Movie Contest. Contestants will submit a short video clip to complete a story started by Fujifilm. The winner will be flown in for the Z Spot LA event to attend the exclusive party where their film short will be premiered.
Event facts for 'Z Spot Now Miami':
* The Z Spot Miami event will take place on Saturday, October 18th at One Cool World skate park in Miami, Florida. This daytime event will feature live demos by some of Miami's most prolific pro skaters, with a live performance by renowned hip-hop/mash-up DJ, Z-Trip.
* Z Spot Now friends will be invited to participate in The Art Z Contest, which calls for aspiring urban artists to redesign the Z20 logo. The artist that best reflects today's urban design trends will be flown to the Z Spot Miami event. The winning design will be used as the theme of the event, included on signage and t-shirts worn by the pro-skate crew.
Event facts for 'Z Spot Now New York':
* The final event, Z Spot New York, will take place at an exclusive New York City venue on Thursday, November 20th. Z Spot New York will kick off with a roundtable discussion during which some of today's leading fashion and technology designers and influencers will come together to discuss the convergence of fashion and technology. A special cocktail reception, featuring one of NYC's hottest DJs, will follow the roundtable discussion.
* As colorful and stylish digital cameras like the Z20 become everyday accessories, we are seeing a convergence of fashion and technology. The Z Couture Tech & Fashion Contest asks today's geek-chic generation to submit a video of themselves explaining why they should represent their generation on the panel by discussing what's next for the convergence of fashion/style/design and technology. The winner will be flown to the Z Spot New York event and receive a seat on the panel to sit shoulder to shoulder with today's leading fashion and technology design influencers.
Cliff Smith from Trusted Reviews tested out the Canon 450D DSLR and thinks it’s a little expensive for an "entry level camera". It pales in comparison with other entry level camera according to the reviewer. Live View mode is also a disappointment and is recommended to old Canon users.
"Where it may win however is for the undoubtedly significant number of people wishing to upgrade from an EOS 300D or 350D, who already have some Canon lenses and so can buy it body only, avoiding the disappointing kit lens. For these people it offers outstanding performance, superior picture quality and a useful level of control and versatility that will be a good progression from their existing camera. "