At its official IFA press event, Samsung announced a new enterprise mobile device: The ultra-slim ruggedized Galaxy Tab Active for professionals just took center stage.
The new tablet can withstand all sorts of abuse, but is still surprisingly slim. The device sports 10 hours of battery life, and even a removable battery. Such a feature will allow users even more cordless use. The tab also sports a 3.1MP auto focus camera for scanning barcodes, NFC technology for easy syncing, and a “C-Pen” tool.
Samsung added that the Galaxy Tab Active will run Knox by Samsung, a security setup made in partnership with SAP, Citrix, and Oracle. With the heightened security and ruggedized features, Samsung hopes to gain a firm foothold within the professional market.
Check out all of Samsung's IFA 2014 Announcements:
- Samsung Unpacks New Note Phones, Co-Branded Oculus VR Headset
- Samsung's New TVs Are All About the Curves
- Samsung Demos Upscale Appliances, Elena Arzak Joins Club des Chefs
- Samsung's New Robot Vacuum Is Your Most Humble Servant
- Samsung Flexes at IFA With a 105-inch Bendable UHD TV
- Samsung Outs a Curved Sound Bar to Match Its Curved TVs
- Samsung Adds Third-Party Support, Voice Control to Smart Home System
- Samsung UHD TVs Will Soon Stream Amazon's 4K Content
- Samsung Announces Its First 3G Smartwatch: The Gear S
- Samsung Adds Swarovski Band to Otherwise Tasteful Gear S