Drum is 7.5 cu. ft.
100% dry clothes
Quick Dry runs hot
The Samsung DVE45R6300V (available at AppliancesConnection for $985.10) could work for you if you want plenty of cycles, including steam, and demand a dryer that does a perfect job drying the laundry. However, we discovered that the Normal cycle can take a long time, and the Quick cycle gets unusually hot. We measured the 32-minute Quick Dry at a sizzling 176° F. That's one of the hottest dryer temperatures we've ever measured. If you run that cycle, you should always use the control panel to lower the temperature.
About the dryer
Capacity: A 7.5-cubic-foot drum
Dimensions: 27 inches x 31.5 inches x 38.7 inches (WxDxH)
Finishes: Fingerprint-resistant black stainless steel (DVE45R6300V), white (DVE45R6300W), and champagne (DVE45R6300C)
12 dry cycles: Normal, Heavy Duty, Bedding, Permanent Press, Steam Sanitize+, Refresh, Delicates, Activewear, Quick Dry, Time Dry, Air Fluff, and a custom Downloaded cycle you can select from the SmartThings app.
What we like best
This dryer is loaded with functionality. Here's what we appreciated most about it:
• Completely dry clothes on the Normal, Quick, and Delicates cycles.
• The 7.5-cubic-foot drum that has room for large loads and fluffy comforters.
• The fingerprint-resistant black stainless finish will make the laundry room as stylish as the rest of the house. It also comes in white and pale golden champagne.
• The Wrinkle Prevent feature, which fights wrinkles by tumbling the laundry for up to three hours if you can’t get it out right when the cycle ends.
• Steam Sanitize+, which Samsung claims kills germs, pollen, and dust mites.
• A drum light that lets you see if you left any dry clothes in the dryer.
• The Heavy cycle, which mostly dries the load in 47 minutes and never gets hotter than 142°F.
• The five levels of dryness, temperature, and drying time that allow you to customize each load to your needs.
• A sturdy double lint filter that is easy to open for cleaning.
• The Filter Check light turns on to remind you that it’s time to clear the lint out, in case you forget.
What we don’t like
We have two concerns with this dryer:
• The very hot Quick Dry cycle: This cycle has one of the hottest temperatures we’ve measured inside a dryer. This could eventually weaken the fabric on your clothes and linens if you don't lower the temperature.
• A long Normal cycle: In our tests, the Normal cycle took two hours, which is twice as long as the 60-minute Normal cycles we’re used to seeing on dryers. In our lab, the Auto-Sensor kept readjusting to extend the cycle.
Samsung provides a one-year warranty on parts and labor for this dryer.
What the owners say
Owners are impressed with this model, giving the Samsung DVE45R6300V an average of 4.6 out of 5 stars across five different sites. They love its sleek looks and the fact that every single load of laundry comes out dry. Several reviews also talk about the convenience of using the app to start or stop the dryer remotely.
The bottom line
You’ll never pull wet laundry out of this dryer. When we tested it, the DVE45R6300V got every load in the Normal, Delicates, and Quick cycle 100% dry. Its Normal cycle is very long, but if you’re not waiting around the laundry room for it to finish, you might not care. The Quick Dry cycle could be a big time saver but we’d advise against using without adjusting the temperature to Low.
If you don’t think you need the 12 cycles the DVE45R6300V provides, you might consider taking a look at the Whirlpool WED75GC dryer, which has a lower price point and a Normal cycle that completes in a speedy 39 minutes.
More articles you might enjoy
Meet the testers
Cindy Bailen loves writing about major appliances and home design and has spent over 15 years immersed in that. In her spare time, Cindy hosts pledge programs for WGBH-TV in Boston and other public television stations.
Kyle Hamilton is a product tester at Reviewed, specializing in home appliances and technology.
Checking our work.
Our team is here for one purpose: to help you buy the best stuff and love what you own. Our writers, editors, and lab technicians obsess over the products we cover to make sure you're confident and satisfied. Have a different opinion about something we recommend? Email us and we'll compare notes.Shoot us an email