We evaluated its features, checked high and low temperatures for each of the burners, examined how quickly it can boil water. We scored on a scale of 10 compared to the rest of the cooktops we've tested this year. Here’s what we found.
- Cast-iron grates cover the entire cooktop to easily move pots and pans around
- Reasonably priced for what it offers
- Can’t reach high or low temperatures effectively
- The center burner gets hottest, despite having 6,500 BTU less than the Power Burner (front right)
- Power Burner—The right front burner boasts 16,000 BTU for searing and quick cooking. However, it didn't perform like a powerful 16,000 BTU burner in our tests.
- Continuous grates—These porcelain-coated, matte-finish grates allow you to slide pots and pans across burners with ease and make cleaning simple.
What we found
TIME TO BOIL 48 OUNCES OF WATER
About ten minutes on average, but as fast as five and a half minutes on the center burner. The right rear burner should only be used for simmering: It takes more than twenty minutes to bring six cups of water to a boil. The other burners make up for it with times between six and ten minutes, giving this cooktop a fine score of 7/10.
MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE REACHED ON BURNER
A pan reached a temperate 500ºF on the center burner, other burners hovered between 359º-440º F. These aren’t standout scores, leaving this cooktop at a score of 6.3/10 compared to our other ranges.
MINIMUM TEMPERATURE REACHED ON BURNER
A pan reached 148ºF on the right rear burner, other burners hovered between 150º-194º F. This is a very poor score compared to the other ranges we’ve tested with a score of 2/10. A range should be able to hit much lower temperatures than this.
Should you buy it?
Probably not. This cooktop is currently on sale for less than $600, and in this case, you definitely get what you pay for. The burners can’t reach low temperatures, so kiss any hope of simmering soups and sauces goodbye. Its high temperatures are also fairly unimpressive, which makes this cooktop a pass.
Meet the testers
Checking our work.
We use standardized and scientific testing methods to scrutinize every product and provide you with objectively accurate results. If you’ve found different results in your own research, email us and we’ll compare notes. If it looks substantial, we’ll gladly re-test a product to try and reproduce these results. After all, peer reviews are a critical part of any scientific process.Shoot us an email