Samsung DW80R9950UT Dishwasher Review
Clean dishes, modern style, and a third rack
Exuding a quiet elegance that would catch a designer’s eye, the Samsung DW80R9950UT (available at Home Depot for $848.00) is immediately recognizable as a higher-end dishwasher. Its exterior is featureless except for a beveled recess for the concealed pocket handle and a small, front-facing LED panel to display cycle status. It’s the type of style that would go well in just about any kitchen.
Looks are important in an appliance, but they’re not everything. Fortunately, the DW80R9950UT has you covered on that angle as well: In our tests, we found the Normal cycle was able to clean about 99.2% of stains, while Heavy got rid of an impressive 99.75%.
Additionally, this dishwasher has some great features. The third rack has adjustable height and a column at its center that can be lowered independently for oversized utensils. The lower rack has tines that flip down for large or oddly-shaped cookware. There are also a few cycle options to help customize your wash, but not so many that you’re bogged down with options.
About this dishwasher
- Dimensions: 33 7/8" x 23 7/8" x 25” (H x W x D)
- Finish: Available in fingerprint-resistant stainless steel (DW80R9950US), fingerprint-resistant Tuscan stainless steel (DW80R9950UT, costs $50 extra), black stainless steel (DW80R9950UG, costs $50 extra).
- Five cycles: Auto, Normal, Heavy, Delicate, and Express 60.
- Cycle features: Rinse Only, Self Clean, Speed Booster, Zone Booster (increases water pressure for lower rack), Hi-Temp, Sanitize, Smart Control (cycle monitoring and control via WiFi) and an option to only activate the water jets for the lower rack.
- Customizable third rack: The Samsung’s third rack features adjustable height as well as the ability to lower its center for bulkier utensils.
- Adjustable tines: The tines on the left side of the bottom rack can fold down to allow you to wash larger or less uniformly-shaped dishes. The second rack also lets you adjust the tines to one of three angles, one of which helps cradle stemware.
- Cycle speed: True to its name, the Express 60 cycle took exactly one hour to complete. The Normal cycle took two hours and nine minutes to finish, and the heavy cycle took two hours and 32 minutes.
What we like
Fingerprint-resistant finish: This has become a must-have for stainless steel products. Stainless steel exteriors without this treatment always tend to be covered with smudges, even with daily cleaning.
Heavy cycle: The Heavy cycle only took 39 minutes longer than the Normal cycle and did a great job with our toughest stains.
Third rack: The third rack has quickly become a staple feature for higher-end dishwashers. This Samsung has one of the more robust-feeling third racks we’ve seen, with a sturdy-feeling plastic construction. We also liked the variable height and adjustable center column to help customize your load of dishes without losing utility on the second rack.
What we don’t like
Wobbly third rack: While we like its overall build quality and features, we didn’t like how much the rack could wobble while sliding on its rails.
Hard to remove cutlery basket: If you just try to lift up the cutlery basket, chances are the bottom rack is going to come along with it. You really need to hold the lower rack down in order to pull the basket free.
Samsung will cover parts and labor for one year. Their warranty extends to five years for linear motion parts, printed circuit board, racking and stainless door liner, and the tub.
What owners say
Owners’ reviews of the Samsung DW80R9950UT dishwasher are overwhelmingly positive, with an average of 4.9 out of 5 stars across major sites. Users praise how quiet and efficient it runs, many admired its overall look, and several pointed out how easily accessible its filter is. The only negative comments we can find claim the dishwasher doesn’t get dishes dry. It’s worth noting that the door on the DW80R9950UT pops open once the cleaning cycle is done, in order to help vent moisture—users may see the open door and assume the drying process is complete.
Should you buy it?
Yes. We believe the Samsung DW80R9950UT is a good value for its price, based on its cleaning ability, array of features, and overall aesthetic appeal. This dishwasher ranks among our top-scoring models—it would make a great addition to any modern kitchen.
Get Our Newsletter
Real advice from real experts. Sign up for our newsletter
Thanks for signing up!