Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
Finding high-quality gifts your family and friends will swoon over isn’t always easy. While you might be inclined to put gift cards or less expensive presents under the tree this year, why not make a statement with a lux gift they’ll love?
Now’s the time to invest in the people you love, and, luckily, my Reviewed colleagues and I are here to help. All year long, we test and research products—a lot of them on the expensive side. Using our knowledge of top lush and lavish must-have items, we’ve put together a guide of gift ideas that are worthy of their high cost.
If you’re looking to splurge this holiday season, these items are sure to please.
1. For the one always on the couch: Barefoot Dreams blanket
At a time where we are home more often than not, a new faux fur blanket is something that could make their time spent lounging on the couch a bit more luxurious. Loved by celebrities, the Barefoot Dreams blanket is the blanket to gift this holiday season. Chrissy Teigen even recommended it as such last year on Twitter. Our writer Amanda Tarlton reviewed the trendy blanket and found that it is just as cozy as people claim. It comes in solid colors or an animal print. However, keep in mind that both versions seem to be selling out in certain styles already and buying now is better than later.
* Get the Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Ribbed Throw Blanket at Amazon for $147
* Get the Barefoot Dreams CozyChic In the Wild Throw Blanket at Nordstrom for $180
2. For the home baker: KitchenAid Stand Mixer
For the friend who always brings dessert, give them a present they'll really love—the best stand mixer we've ever tested. The KitchenAid Artisan 5-quart stand mixer has ten speed settings and tons of attachments that can help whip up cakes, cookies and cobblers in no time. In testing we found the customer-favorite mixer to be easy to use, quiet and reliable.
3. For the coffee lover: Breville Espresso Machine
Creating coffee stations at home has certainly been a trend this year. Whether their home has turned into their office or they could use more caffeine to get through each day, a luxury espresso machine could be a welcomed addition to one’s home this holiday season. When we tested espresso machines, the Breville Barista Touch took first place for best overall. If you’re looking to splurge even more, our writer Sarah Kovac owns and loves the pricey Breville Oracle Touch Espresso Machine. While we didn’t test that one against the Breville Barista Touch, Sarah claims “it’s like having a whole coffee shop on your kitchen counter,” and who wouldn’t want that this year?
* Get the Breville Barista Touch Espresso Machine at Amazon for $999.95
* Get the Breville Oracle Touch Espresso Machine at Amazon for $3,299.99
4. For the one who deserves to relax: Eberjey pajamas
Spotted on celebrities, including Meghan Markle, Kylie Jenner, and Oprah, the Eberjey Gisele Pajama Set is everywhere. With a 4.5 to 5-star rating from hundreds of reviews on Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s, and Amazon, these pajamas are loved by consumers, and for good reason. While you can purchase less pricey dupes of these PJs from places like Nordstrom or Target, the Eberjey originals are said to be far superior when it comes to comfort. You can get them in a short or long set—and they even have a pair for men! Sizes and colors have been selling out on many retailers, but they are still in stock at Bloomingdale’s right now.
* Get the Eberjey Women's Gisele Pajama Set from Bloomingdale’s for $120
* Get the Eberjey Women's Gisele Short Pajama Set from Bloomingdale’s for $98
* Get the Eberjey Men's Gisele Williams Pajama Set from Bloomingdale’s for $158
5. For the one who needs to block out noise: Sony 1000XM4 Noise Canceling Headphones
We love Sony’s Noise Canceling Headphones at Reviewed. In fact, WH-1000XM4 headphones are the best noise-cancelling headphones we've ever tested. If you know someone who could use the (forced) peace and quiet, especially if they're working from home with others, this luxurious gift could help them drown out the noise of the outside world and focus on the tasks at hand. Or they can use them to relax and listen to music or podcasts. Dealer's choice.
6. For the shoe enthusiast: Designer sneakers
As "fashion sneakers" continue to rise in popularity, designer sneakers are in high demand. So much so, that sizes and styles have been selling out from a number of brands at major retailers including Bloomingdale's, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Shopbop, Revolve, and more. This includes but is not limited to the popular Golden Goose sneakers, which come in tons of different styles. Spotted in production photos from the new Gossip Girl reboot, you're sure to make any fashion person's day by giving the gift of a new sneaks. In addition to Golden Goose, Gucci sneakers or Balenciaga shoes also make a solid gift—but act fast because sizes and styles are already limited.
- Get the Golden Goose Superstar Sneaker at Shopbop for $560
- Get the Gucci Women’s Ace Bee Embroidered Sneakers at Saks Fifth Avenue for $720
- Get the Golden Goose Super-Star Sneaker at Nordstrom for $495
- Get the Balenciaga Speed LT 2.0 Knit Slip-On at Nordstrom from $995
7. For the one obsessed with all things Apple: The newest Apple Watch
If they don't own one already, an Apple Watch would be a fantastic gift for the one who is always on their iPhone. We tested the brand new Apple Watch Series 6 and it is the best smartwatch we've ever tried. Give the gift of our favorite smartwatch so they can have all of their notifications, music, and texts at their fingertips all the time.
8. For the homebody: Ugg slippers
Whether they've always been a homebody or they've been home more than usual this year, you can't go wrong with the gift of slippers—especially Ugg slippers, which are crazy trendy right now. Over the past couple of weeks, we’ve been testing women’s slippers, and so far, the Ugg Scuffette II Slipper is our favorite. The insanely popular Ugg Fluff Yeah sandal slippers are also a favorite (of our tester, a variety of celebrities, and over 26,000 Amazon reviewers). Ugg also carries great slippers for men, including the Ascot Leather Slipper and the Scuff Slipper.
- Get the Ugg Scuffette II Slipper at Amazon from $89.95
- Get the Ugg Fluff Yeah Slide Slipper at Amazon from $59.95
9. For the TV lover: LG C9
We review a LOT of televisions at Reviewed, and one of the best we've ever tested is the LG C9. The quality of the OLED 4K/HDR smart TVs (available in 55-, 65-, and 77-inch sizes) is just as good as the competition, and it's almost the most affordable one in the lineup. If you're looking to spend less, we also highly recommend the LG CX series. If one of these TVs is in your gift budget, you absolutely can't go wrong giving someone the gift of OLED this year, as many people are likely watching TV now more than before.
* Get the 77-inch LG C9 Series Smart OLED TV at Amazon for $3,297.99
* Get the 65-inch LG CX Series OLED TV at Amazon from $1,819.99
10. For the luxurious cook: All-Clad Cookware Set
All-Clad is certainly one of the most iconic cookware brands. The pots and pans can last for years, as long as you take care of them properly, and they make a great gift for anyone who doesn't already own All-Clad cookware or hasn't upgraded their kitchen and cooking product library in a while. For the set to buy, we tested and recommend the D5 Stainless Steel 10-Piece Cookware Set.
Get the All-Clad D5 Stainless Steel 10-Piece Cookware Set at Amazon for $799.95
11. For the one who likes to keep warm: Moncler or Canada Goose Coat
For those who live in colder climates, a luxurious winter coat would be a great gift, especially this year for those who may want to spend more time outside than usual. Canada Goose jackets are expensive, but the down-filled coats are temperature-rated for below zero weather—and they really do make cold winters bearable. I used to refuse to go outside unless I absolutely had to on cold days, but investing in a Canada Goose jacket totally changed that. There are plenty of great options for both men and women, too. Another brand to consider is Moncler. Pricier than Canada Goose, these coats are stylish and have been spotted on a number of celebrities. They're also low in stock at a variety of retailers meaning they are in high demand for the holidays!
- Get the Canada Goose Rosemont Down Parka at Backcountry for $950
- Get the Moncler Fulmarus Quilted Down Puffer Coat with Removable Genuine Fox Fur Trim at Nordstrom for $2,480
- Get the Canada Goose 'MacMillan' Slim Fit Hooded Parka at Nordstrom for $895
- Get the Canada Goose Langford Slim Fit Down Parka at Nordstrom for $1,150
- Get the Moncler Agay Water Resistant Lightweight Down Puffer Jacket at Nordstrom for $1,150
- Get the Moncler Kids' Bady Water Resistant Down Puffer Coat with Genuine Fox Fur Trim (Girls) at Nordstrom from $920
12. For the one who is always tired: Tuft & Needle Original Mattress
A good night's sleep might be the MOST luxurious gift you can give to someone this holiday season. Since we can't actually give sleep or more time in the day to do so as a gift, a top-notch mattress is a close second. The Tuft & Needle Original mattress is the best mattress in a box we've ever tested thanks to its comfortable and supportive features. If you're after a dreamy gift, your loved ones are sure to appreciate an upgrade that could help them sleep.
Get the Tuft & Needle Original Mattress at Tuft & Needle from $580.50
13. For the runner: Theragun
For anyone into health and fitness, the gift of recovery would be well received in the year of 2021. Much like we could all use rest and relaxation, so could our muscles, and that's exactly what the Theragun—one of the hottest products this year—does. Reviewed's Kate McCarthy tested four of the most popular massage guns and found the Theragun to be great "if you have a large budget and want some serious muscle stimulation."
Get the Theragun G3 at Theragun for $399
14. For the one looking to refresh their patio: This propane fire pit
For those who are looking to upgrade their backyard set up, consider giving the Uniflame steel propane outdoor fire pit. Perfect for roasting s'mores and staying warm all winter long, this high-quality fire pit is sure to please the outdoor enthusiasts in your life. Designed with weather resistant material, the wood-less furnace would make for the perfect patio centerpiece.
Get the Uniflame Steel Propane Outdoor Fire Pit at Wayfair for $374.99
15. For the one who enjoys when people do things for them: Our favorite robot vacuum
Keeping a clean home is a luxurious thing when you’re not the one cleaning it. That’s why robot vacuums were created. If you have a good one, it will do the work for you, and the more room you have to splurge, the harder it will work. The best robot vacuum we've ever tested at Reviewed is the iRobot Roomba i7+. This Roomba can empty its dirt bin all by itself and then continue vacuuming. It is truly the most luxurious robot vacuum we've seen, and we're sure anyone you buy it for will like it, too. There's never been a better year to give a robot vacuum as a gift. We all have a lot going on, whether we're home more often than usual or not. I think we can all agree, no one wants to clean! Or maybe this is just me...
Get the iRobot Roomba i7+ at Amazon for $749
16. For the simple one: Mejuri jewelry
Whether you're shopping for your daughter or your mom, Mejuri's fine and semi-fine earrings, necklaces and rings should do the trick. The Instagram-famous jewelry brand sells sleek, high-class pieces at an affordable price point. For anyone who enjoys the simple luxury of jewelry, you can't go wrong with two of the most popular Mejuri items—the Satellite necklace and the Single mini hoop.
* Get the Satellite Necklace at Mejuri for $85
* Get the Single Mini Hoop at Mejuri for $30
17. For the one who has everything: La Mer Moisturizing Crème
La Mer is an expensive moisturizer with a cult following—and also a perfect gift if you want to ball out on someone. La Mer moisturizing cream has over 60,000 hearts at Sephora and over 2,100 reviews at Nordstrom with a 5-star rating. That is a lot of love. Why not spread it? (Pun not intended.)
18. For the family: Yeti cooler
Yeti's Tundra coolers have a cult-following and would make a great gift for anyone spending more time outside this year. Great for socially distant gatherings, and future excursions because these coolers will last for years to come, a coveted Yeti cooler would be loved by anyone. The 35 size is great for most people, but Yeti does have a selection of other sizes available.
Get the Tundra 35 Hard Cooler at Amazon from $249.98
19. For the one who loves their beauty sleep: Slip Silk Beauty Sleep Gift Set
If you're looking for a luxe self-care gift, this set from Slip is a great option. The silk pillowcase and mask help protect facial skin and hair while sleeping, leaving one to wake up feeling like they slept on a cloud.
20. For the one who will never have enough bags: A designer bag
If you're looking to splurge on someone who is into fashion, consider a chic designer handbag. This particular Chloé bag is stylish, chic, and calling my name through its calfskin leather material. With 4.5 stars from over 150 happy people, you’ve got a winner here. For a smaller, crossbody bag, a fantastic option is the Saint Laurent Lou Matelassé Leather Camera Bag.
- Get the Chloé ‘Medium Marcie’ Leather Satchel at Saks Fifth Avenue for $2,090
- Get the Saint Laurent Lou Matelassé Leather Camera Bag at Nordstrom for $1,350 ## See USA TODAY for our complete guide to the best luxury gifts of 2021
Prices are accurate at the time of publication but may change over time.