Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
Memorial Day 2021 may be a few weeks away, but the sales have already begun! There’s tons of Memorial Day appliance deals, in particular, to be had, especially on large-ticket items such as refrigerators, microwaves, and more.
May is the best time to invest in a new large appliance, as companies release new models for spring, heavily discounting older ones to remain competitive for Memorial Day sales. In addition to the usual promotional events, a number of our favorite retailers to buy appliances from online, including Best Buy, Samsung, and more, are also participating in Maytag month, discounting all sorts of must-have kitchen essentials by hundreds of dollars.
Whether you’re looking for a new range to cook up your favorite meals, or a sleek, high-performance dishwasher that will make cleanup easy afterward, the large appliance of your dreams is just a few clicks away—and it’s bound to suit nearly any budget. To spare you from the heavy lifting of sifting through these copious markdowns yourself, we’ve gone ahead and done the legwork of tracking down all our favorite appliances at the biggest markdowns possible. Most of the picks listed below have been thoroughly vetted by our Reviewed team and put through numerous tests in our labs, so you know you’re buying a quality item.
Here are the most exciting Memorial Day appliance deals you need to shop right now.
The best Memorial Day appliance sales to shop right now
Ovens and ranges
Cooking your favorite meals after a long day’s work can feel like a chore, especially if you’re stuck with decades-old equipment. A good stove can help eliminate your culinary pain points, and lucky for you, we’ve tested all kinds of options, including electric ranges, gas ranges, and even all sorts of wall ovens.
The Electrolux EI30EF45QS electric range, for instance, is one we consider to be the best of the best. It’s also heavily discounted right now, falling by more than $500 from $2,747.63 to $2,198.10 at Appliances Connection. We liked the sleek design on this versatile cooktop and its five available burners, which cover a wide variety of temperature ranges (85 degrees Fahrenheit to 770 degrees Fahrenheit). We were able to roast a delectable, juicy pork loin in the oven, but we did have some issues getting an evenly baked plate of cookies. That said, there’s a number of different cooking presets to choose from, including bake, broil, preheat and even slow-cook. That means whether you’re warming up a meal or preparing a pot roast dinner, this stove should handle it all.
The Samsung NE59J7850WS electric range—one of our all-time favorite electric range options—is also up for grabs at a marked-down price at Samsung right now. Once $1,799, it’s now discounted down to $1,399 for a $500 discount. In testing, we liked that this 5.9-cubic foot oven has a split cavity, allowing for dual convection technology. That means you can cook meals at two different temperatures at once, making it a particularly handy range for big holiday feasts. We also noted that it did a good job of reaching searing heats and simmering lows, offering a great deal of adaptability.
Keep on scrolling for more great Memorial Day oven and range deals that you can shop now.
- Get the Amana AGR5330BAS Gas Range at The Home Depot for $498 (Save $151)
- Get the Whirlpool WFG320M0BB Gas Range at Best Buy from $584.99 (Save $65)
- Get the GE JGBS66REKSS Gas Range at The Home Depot for $718 (Save $81)
- Get the Maytag MER6600FB Electric Range at Maytag for $719 (Save $80)
- Get the Frigidaire FFEH3054US Single Oven Electric Range at The Home Depot for $898 (Save $301)
- Get the Samsung NE59J7850WS Electric Range at Samsung from $1,399 (Save $400)
- Get the Kucht KRD306FS Dual-Fuel Range at Appliances Connection for $2,099 (Save $524.75)
- Get the Electrolux EI30EF45QS Electric Range at Appliances Connection for $2,198.10 (Save $549.53)
- Get the ZLINE RA48 Dual Fuel Range at The Home Depot for $4,229.99 (Save $470)
- Get the LG LSD4913ST Dual-Fuel Electric Range at The Home Depot for $2,098 (Save $501)
The smell of fresh laundry feels like bliss, and with these Memorial Day washer and dryer deals, you’ll be able to truly enjoy it. Whether you’re looking for a solo machine or even a useful bundled washer and dryer set, a number of our favorite models are seeing big discounts right now.
One of our favorite top-load washers, for instance, the Samsung WA50R5400, is on sale in the white hue, having dropped by $80 from $809.99 to $729 at Samsung. This sleek machine is super functional: During testing, both the heavy-duty and normal cycles had a strong stain removal performance. In addition, we liked the multiple speed options, which include a 55-minute regular run and a 36-minute super-speed option that's perfect for when you’re in a rush. There’s also a built-in faucet, which we used to pretreat stains, making our laundry routine faster and more efficient. The look of this machine is great, too, with its modern, round-edge design and easy-open and soft-close lid, this is a more-than-decent laundry appliance you’ll want to add to your home.
Check out the best Memorial Day washer sale picks below.
- Get the Maytag MVW6200KW Top-Load Washer at Maytag for $719 (Save $80)
- Get the Samsung WF45R6100AP Front-Load Washer at Samsung for $699 (Save $300)
- Get the Samsung WA50R5400AV Top-Load Washer at Samsung from $699 (Save $200)
- Get the Samsung WA50R5400AW Top-Load Washer and Samsung DVE50R5400W Electric Dryer Bundle at Samsung for $1,342.30 (Save $455.70)
A good washer needs an equally good drying companion to make all your laundry dreams come true. The Samsung DVE45R6100 electric dryer, for instance, is on sale at Samsung from $699, down $200 from its retail price of $899. Featured in our roundup of the best dryers, we absolutely loved this model, noting that there were barely any cons to its performance. We adored its incredible normal cycle, which boasted a solid time of 51 minutes and an amazing 100% drying rate. It’s also seriously gorgeous, and is up for grabs in three gorgeous finishes: white, champagne and platinum.
Check out the other Memorial Day dryer sales right down below.
- Get the Insignia NS-TDRE75W1 Front-Load Dryer at Best Buy for $599.99 (Save $100)
- Get the Whirlpool WED5100HW Top-Load Dryer at The Home Depot for $718 (Save $81)
- Get the LG DLE7300WE Ultra-Vented Dryer at Best Buy for $699.99 (Save $200)
- Get the Samsung DVE45R6100 Dryer at Samsung from $699 (Save $200)
- Get the Maytag MED7230HW Smart Vented Dryer at The Home Depot for $898 (Save $101)
We’ve tested all kinds of refrigerators here in our labs. Be they French-door or top-freezer designs, these investment pieces come in all different kinds—and we’ve found the best of the best. While these luxury appliances certainly don’t come cheap, they’re still far more affordable during Memorial Day blowouts.
Our favorite side-by-side refrigerator for instance, the LG LSXS26366S, is currently down from $1,799.99 to $1,595 at Appliances Connection, saving you $204.99. This high-quality machine boasts a unique three-door design (yes, three!) that allows you to keep frequently-used items separate from other items in the fridge so that their temperatures can be maintained when you’re pulling out the high-traffic items. During our temperature tests, the chill within the fresh food compartment stayed consistent as well, varying no more than 0.2 degrees and staying well below 40 degrees (ideal safe refrigeration temps is at or below 40 degrees Fahrenheit). The freezer also showed similar results, with the temperature only varying by 0.4 degrees. You’ll also love the contemporary, stainless-steel design on this fridge, which will give your kitchen the modern look and feel it deserves.
If you’re looking for a top-freezer refrigerator, the Samsung RT18M6215SG, which was ranked as the most versatile pick in our roundup of the best top-freezer refrigerators, is currently available from as low as $764, offering you up to $95 in savings. We liked its modern, fingerprint-resistant design that made this appliance very attractive to use. Our top favorite feature though, was the innovative freezer. You can leave it as is, or, with the touch of a few buttons, transform it into a “secondary refrigerator zone.” This pick also lowered energy costs, with our tests showing that it would only require $22 to run all year. If you’re in need of a budget pick that can function in your garage, small kitchen space or vacation home, this is the cooling machine for you.
Keep on reading for all the other Memorial Day refrigerator deals you can snag right now.
- Get the Samsung RT18M6215SG Top-Freezer Refrigerator at Samsung from $764 (Save $95)
- Get the Samsung RT21M6213SR Top-Freezer Refrigerator at Samsung from $899 (Save $100 to $110)
- Get the LG SXS26366S Side-by-Side Refrigerator at Appliances Connection for $1,595 (Save $204.99)
- Get the Whirlpool WRX735SDHZ French-Door Refrigerator at Best Buy for $2,249.99 (Save $250)
Memorial Day marks the unofficial start to summer—and if you’re expecting hot weather, you’ll definitely want to get a jump start on buying an air conditioner. Luckily, there are tons of awesome options on sale for the holiday, including several that we’ve featured in our roundups of the best window air conditioners and the best portable air conditioners.
One of our favorites? This Whynter ARC-14S portable air conditioner, once $620 and now on sale for $520.71 at Wayfair, saving you nearly $100. In testing, we had a lot of good things to say about this model: It was able to sufficiently cool down a room in around 20 minutes, and it’s made from more eco-friendly parts than your typical portable AC unit. (Its refrigerant is chlorofluorocarbon-free [CFC] and it doesn’t use any lead, which is a big deal, considering ACs aren’t always the most environmentally-friendly appliances.)
Below, scroll through to discover even more awesome price cuts on air conditioners.
- Get the GE AHQ06LZ Window Air Conditioner at Appliances Connection for $189 (Save $47.25)
- Get the Frigidaire FHPC132AB1 Portable Air Conditioner at Walmart for $439.95 (Save $80.04)
- Get the Whynter ARC-14S 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner at Wayfair for $520.71 (Save $99.29)
Microwaves are a kitchen essential, whether you’re a seasoned chef or just need to heat up leftovers. If you’ve yet to invest in one, never fear, as there are a plethora of opportunities to snag a great model for less this Memorial Day. While none of our top picks are currently discounted, plenty of customer-loved options are currently on sale.
Take the Whirlpool WMH31017HS microwave, once $319.99 and now on sale at Best Buy from $242.99. Complete with a 4.6-star rating from more than 2,000 Best Buy customers, this stainless-steel appliance has two fan speeds that are designed to lessen cooking odors. It also has a dishwasher-safe turning plate, a wide variety of microwave presets, and electronic touch controls. Shoppers also gave top-notch ratings for its easy-to-use design, noting that the fan automatically turns on when excessive heat is detected.
Check out more microwave deals below.
- Get the Insignia NS-MW07BK0 Compact Microwave at Best Buy for $69.99 (Save $10)
- Get the Midea MAW05M1WWT Air Conditioner at Walmart for $134 (Save $15)
- Get the Samsung MS14K6000AG Microwave at Samsung for $159 (Save $40)
- Get the Whirlpool WMH31017HS Over-the-Range Microwave at Best Buy from $242.99 (Save $27 to $34)
- Get the Frigidaire FFMV1645TS Over-the-Range Microwave at Amazon for $249.99 (Save $15.96)
- Get the Whirlpool WMH32519HZ Over-the-Range Fingerprint-Resistant Microwave at BJ’s for $329.99 (Save $70)
- Get the Frigidaire FGMO226NUF Countertop Microwave at AJ Madison for $398.10 (Save $150.90)
Here at Reviewed, we’ve tested out just about every type of dishwasher you can think of, ranging from portable and countertop models to more high-end third-rack options. This Memorial Day, appliance hotspots such as Best Buy, Wayfair and more have plenty of stellar price drops on them all.
If your kitchen space is limited and you’re on the hunt for something compact, you can grab the GE GPT225SSLSS portable 24-inch dishwasher at The Home Depot for $598, falling $161 from $759. This GE option is our all-time favorite portable dishwasher: From its awesome cleaning performance to its helpful ability to dry your dishes, we absolutely adored this model. Not only is it aesthetically pleasing (its interior and exterior are stainless steel!), it’s also convertible and comes with detachable wheels should you want to move it around your space.
The Samsung DW80R2031, for instance, is an awesome dishwasher that we featured in our roundup of the best affordable models. We consider it an effective option that won’t hurt your wallet, thanks to its useful features, such as the stemware holders in the upper rack, the automatic leak sensor and the heated dry option. We also noted that it did a good job of removing baked-on stains—and, right now, you can head to Appliances Connection to snag it for $476, down $53 from its original price of $529.
Ahead, check out more great markdowns on dishwashers.
- Get the Danby Electric 22-Inch Countertop Dishwasher at Wayfair for $346.99 (Save $153)
- Get the LG 24-Inch Front-Control Built-In Dishwasher at Best Buy for $409.99 (Save $220)
- Get the Samsung DW80R2031 24-Inch Dishwasher at Samsung from $476 (Save $53)
- Get the GE GPT225SSLSS Portable 24-Inch Dishwasher at The Home Depot for $598 (Save $161)
- Get the Frigidaire FGIP2468UF Gallery Series 24-Inch Dishwasher at Appliances Connection for $623.10 (Save $93.47)
- Get the Samsung DW80R5060UG Stormwash Third-Rack Dishwasher at Samsung from $719 (Save $80 to $90)
Prices were accurate at the time this article was published but may change over time.